Hours: Full Time, Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
Department: Strategy & Change
Reports To: Senior Manager - Development
iGO4 are an innovative insurance broker working with a number of well-known brands to provide insurance services and solutions along with being leaders in the telematics markets.
Working as a key member of the development team, you will assist the company in the design, development and testing of new and innovative applications to deliver efficiencies and support future growth across the business.
You’ll be responsible for assisting the team in shaping the back-end microservices using AWS & .NET. You’ll also be responsible for helping to refine the architecture, API and coding standards, and ensuring that a high level of quality is maintained.
You’ll do this by caring about your work, being meticulous when testing your own code before sending it for peer review and you’ll be firm but fair when reviewing the work of others in the team. You will strive for self-improvement and will be provided with access to training resources as well as afforded time to view them.
Required Technical Skills
• Application development using C#, .NET Core and/or .NET Framework
• Version control using GIT
• Exposure to development lifecycle (from concept to delivery/support), including release process
• Development of RESTful APIs utilising AWS Lambda using Visual Studio to write well-structured/maintainable code using AWS toolkit
• Testing RESTful APIs using SoapUI or Postman
• Configuration of AWS environments, using:
CloudFormation, SAM templates, SAM CLI, IAM & KMS
• Practical experience in using AWS queue & notification services: SNS/SQS
• Work within an Agile environment
• Applied understanding of Object Oriented coding principles (SOLID)
• Knowledge of tiered architecture systems
• Knowledge of the Financial Services environment
• You are passionate about software development and love .NET. You have an insatiable curiosity and a desire to continuously and iteratively improve. You keep up to date with the .NET community (blogs, pod/web-casts).
• Knowledge of Unit testing (XUnit/NUnit), pair programming & Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques
• Use of GitLab to version control of code, raise pull request, peer review of code & management of CI deployments
• Exposure to JIRA for change/defect management
• Experience in using Confluence to document development processes/practices
• Exposure to CI/CD pipelines to automate code builds & tests, such as: GitLab, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc...
• Knowledge of SQL Server, able to query data across multiple datasets
• Knowledge of networking utilising AWS VPC
• Knowledge of automation tools, such as Selenium to automate data entry
• Knowledge of common OO design patterns
• At least 3 years’ commercial development experience, preferably predominantly focused on C# NET.
• Experience working within a team, collaborating with other team members.
• You are passionate about software development and .NET. You have desire to improve and you keep up to date with the .NET community/up-coming releases (blogs, pod/web-casts).
• You have a passion for crafting beautiful, simple, maintainable, well-documented and tested code.
• You are quick to pick up new work, switch between tasks and refocus as priorities change.
• You get satisfaction out of leaving the code base better than it was and are experienced in refactoring and incremental improvements.
• Your solid task-management skills allow you to keep track of your work and see it through to release without requiring micro-management.
• You have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to drive your own work. You see your code through development, testing and on to live deployment. You care about the success of your development and proactively monitor for issues and fix defects after release.
• You are focused and attentive to detail and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• You are friendly, have great communication skills and enjoy working with a small, highly productive team. You enjoy discussions and collaboratively arriving at the optimal solution.
• You are smart, eager, respectful, and open-minded. You are receptive to feedback from your peers and have equal willingness to learn and teach.
• Company bonus eligibility up to 10% of your earnings
• Additional holiday purchase up to 5 days
• Volunteering days
• Access to mental health first aiders
• High street and online retailer discounts
• 25 days holiday, plus UK bank holidays
• Earn up to 5 additional days annual leave through tenure
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contribution
• Access to other benefits including health cash plan
• Free Parking
• Cycle to work scheme
• Casual dress
• Work from home (required to work from our Peterborough office up to two days per week)
Taking applications until: 22-01-2021
To apply for this job please fill out the form below and attach your CV.